Want to participate in the upcoming (November 29th) Last Friday ArtWalk?
Great! As Last Friday ArtWalk is still undergoing transitions however, we will proceed as we did last month as follows:
As opposed to submitting online using the LFA venue application form as you usually would, you will need to submit your art show info directly to the Eugene Weekly (insructions below) and/or self-promote via Facebook, your own email lists, postering, etc… Feel free to add a tag by typing”@Last Friday ArtWalk” on your facebook posts regarding your upcoming art shows in the meantime.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we undergo these changes. We fully intend to get the maps/posters going again just as soon as we are able. We know how valuable they are to creating continuity and active traffic between art show locations and local businesses. We are looking forward to some positive changes after the holiday craze is over and are excited to make the necesary changes towards making LFA thrive in the coming year.
If you would like to play an active role in helping keep this awesome community event alive and well, please see the bottom of this post for details on what is needed at this point. Thank you, thank you to all of you (you know who you are) who have responded to our cry for help. We are saving all of your information for when it’s go time.
In the meantime lets all “keep calm and carry on” as they say.:)
Happy arting, art-walking, and holidaze to you all!
Your loyal Last Friday Artwalk Vollunteer
Please direct all submissions to the Eugene Weekly as follows below by the following deadline:
Thursday, November 21st at NOON
The sooner the better however, ESPECIALLY if you are hoping to submit photos of your week for potential extra coverage.
“Your show title” (if applicable), artwork medium, by (insert artist name here). Venue Name, Venue Address. Duration dates of your art show.
Please include in your email submission subject line that you are part of Last Friday ArtWalk.
Guidelines for submitting images to the Weekly
E-mailed photos should be reasonably reproducible in black and white, high contrast, at least 300 dpi and preferably at least 3″x5″.
Include 2 copies of the same image:
- 1 Sized as large as possible at it’s original dimensions, 300 dpi for PRINT
- 1 at 250 pixel wide by 250 pixels tall, 72 dpi for the WEB SITE
Venues bookers! Let your artists know when these deadlines are, so they can maybe, get some media coverage.
Want to volunteer for Last Friday ArtWalk?
We are especially interested in anyone with the some (or all) of following software/skills:
- WordPress Blog Management
- Google Maps Light
- Adobe InDesign (Pref. version 5.5+)
- Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Adobe Photoshop (pref. version 5.1)
- Microsoft Excel and/or Google Drive Spreadsheets
- Inputing Artist submissions from our handy online feedback form into said spreadsheet.
- Email (Can you send consolidated list of art show info to the Eugene Weekly in their requested format?)
- Experience with non-profits and/or how to become a non profit organization.
- Grant writing know-how
- Interest in arts administration/organizations
- attention to detail
- Got Free Time? LFA NEEDS YOU!