The upcoming Last Friday ArtWalk is on
Friday, December 27th
Please note that LFA is still undergoing changes until after the holidays so if you want to participate in LFA, artists and venues will need to promote themselves. It is our goal to resume providing the online and printed maps again asap next year. We do appreciate your patience during our hiatus.
Last Friday ArtWalk attendees:
We encourage you to you and your loved ones out of the house, shake up the cabin fever and participate. LFA is a great way to support local artists, venues and your community at large.
ARTISTS—here are some ideas on how to promote your LFA Show this month:
- Submit to the Eugene Weekly by December 19th at NOON (see detailed instructions below on the Weekly’s image and show info submission guidelines.
- Create a free artist or venue profile and event at http://www.eugeneagogo.com
- Make your own posters/promo and share online. If you are a Facebook users, feel free to tag “@Last Friday ArtWalk” in a Facebook post announcing the details of your art show (we suggest teaming posting an image of your work with show info to solicit more interest).
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we seek out additional volunteers to help keep this awesome community event alive and well. See the bottom of this post if you would like to join team LFA.
Wishing you all peace and warmth during the holi-craze.
Last Friday Artwalk Vollunteer
How to submit to the Eugene Weekly:
Please direct all submissions to the Eugene Weekly as follows below by the following deadline:
December 19th at NOON
The sooner the better however, ESPECIALLY if you are hoping to submit photos of your week for potential extra coverage.
“Your show title” (if applicable), artwork medium, by (insert artist name here). Venue Name, Venue Address. Duration dates of your art show.
Please include in your email submission subject line that you are part of Last Friday ArtWalk.
Guidelines for submitting images to the Weekly
E-mailed photos should be reasonably reproducible in black and white, high contrast, at least 300 dpi and preferably at least 3″x5″.
Include 2 copies of the same image:
- 1 Sized as large as possible at it’s original dimensions, 300 dpi for PRINT
- 1 at 250 pixel wide by 250 pixels tall, 72 dpi for the WEB SITE
Venues bookers! Let your artists know when these deadlines are, so they can maybe, get some media coverage.
Want to volunteer for Last Friday ArtWalk?
We are especially interested in anyone with the some (or all) of following software/skills:
- WordPress Blog Management
- Google Maps Light
- Adobe InDesign (Pref. version 5.5+)
- Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Adobe Photoshop (pref. version 5.1)
- Microsoft Excel and/or Google Drive Spreadsheets
- Inputing Artist submissions from our handy online feedback form into said spreadsheet.
- Email (Can you send consolidated list of art show info to the Eugene Weekly in their requested format?)
- Experience with non-profits and/or how to become a non profit organization.
- Grant writing know-how
- Interest in arts administration/organizations
- attention to detail
- Got Free Time? LFA NEEDS YOU!